HURRY UP AND REGISTER !
GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR CEU’S
OREGON SOCIETY OF TRANSLATORS AND INTERPRETERS
2017 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
SEPTEMBER 9, 2017
ARE YOU SEEKING CE’S FOR RE-CERTIFICATION?
WELL THIS IS THE PLACE TO GET THEM!
SATURDAY – SEPTEMBER 9TH
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
We have a day PACKED with great information and education.
We have several breaks built in to allow for networking
and time to get to the next workshop.
You get to choose what workshops interest YOU.
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided
During lunch we will have a discussion panel
Title: Panel Perspectives from Language Companies
About: Moderated panel discussion about common issues between language agencies and their freelance partners.
Topics to include: what agencies expect from a good contractor, professionalism & ethics, dress code, how to market yourself, upgrading your skills, etc.
Our Conference is offering 13 educational workshops that will appeal to all interpreters and translators, including ASL interpreters, court and medical interpreters, as well as translators. The workshops will be geared to promote continuing education, development of your profession and growth. Our speakers are high quality professionals and university professors, that have presented at prestigious conferences such as the ATA, IMIA and CHIA.
Our Keynote Speakers, Dartagnhan Rodrigues and Ronaldo Sartorio, are coming all the way from Brazil!
SUNDAY – SEPTEMBER 10TH
Registration from 9:00 am – 10:00 am
ATA Exam 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
**Please note, examinees must sign up in advance with the ATA
Room AF Gray 11 (Warner Pacific College)
BOOT CAMP – 3 HOUR HEALTHCARE INTERPRETER ETHICS
by Eliana Lobo and Jazmin Manjarrez
1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Pre-Registration is required
3 CEU’s have been approved by ATA and CCHI
The Oregon Society of Translators and Interpreters (OSTI) is an organization that fosters ongoing professional development in the fields of translation and interpreting. It allows colleagues of all languages and specializations to stay informed and connected.
Come network with other professionals, colleagues, and make new friends!
Whether you are a local Oregonian or coming from out of State, this is a great opportunity to visit Portland, the City of Roses. Explore the region’s many natural wonders: Mt. Hood, the Oregon Coast, Multnomah Falls, and the Columbia River Gorge, to name a few. Experience the city’s renowned culinary scene, from food carts to innovative and award-winning restaurants, from local breweries and wineries to artisan donut and ice cream shops. Portland awaits you!
- ATA – American Translators Association – Conference 6 CEU points; Boot camp 3 CEU points
- OJD – Oregon Judicial Department – Has approved 1 General Credit each for 10 of our workshops.
- IMIA – International Medical Interpreter Association (National Board) has approved 0.525 CE’s (which equals 5.25 hours) for the conference and 0.3 CE’s (which equals 3.0 hours) for the Health Care Interpreter Ethics Boot Camp on Sunday, September 10
- CCHI – Certification Commission for Healthcare Interpreters – Conference 7 CEU credits; Boot Camp 3 CEU credits
- RID – Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf has approved all activities at the Conference including the Ethics Boot Camp on Sunday, September 10.
- DSHS has approved 5 CE’s for the Conference.
- OHA – Oregon Health Authority accepts ALL of the above approved CEU’s.
- WA AOC – Washington Administrative Office of the Courts has approved 1 CE each for 9 of the workshops. List will be available at the Continuing Education Table during the Conference.
ADA Statement: The Oregon Society of Translators and Interpreters (OSTI) encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please call Jazmin Manjarrez at (503) 330-3126 in advance of your participation or visit.
EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS – Click here
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE- Click here
HOTELS NEAR WARNER PACIFIC – Click here
RESTAURANT INFORMATION AND SIGHTSEEING – Click here
FOR MEMBERS: ANNUAL BOARD MEETING WILL TAKE PLACE ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8TH – LOCATION TBA
OSTI – 2017 ANNUAL CONFERENCE SPONSORS
Location of the Conference:
Warner Pacific College
2219 SE 68th Avenue
Portland, OR 97215
CALL FOR PAPERS
“Tools of the Trade”
Deadline for submissions: June 15, 2017
Proposals submitted after this date may still be considered.