Occasionally, we become aware of jobs that OSTI members might be interested in. These announcements are not an endorsement, but simply a service to OSTI members and stakeholders in the interpreting community.
Registration page for interpreters to submit their credentials to the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (Workmans Comp). Interpreters become listed, are then hired directly by providers, and bill the Department of Labor and Industries directly.
With expiration dates:
PORTLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS
TRANSLATOR (MULTIPLE LANGUAGES) ON‐CALL
Languages Needed: Russian, Simplified Chinese, Somali, Spanish and Vietnamese
This is an on‐call position to provide quality translation services with speed, accuracy and correct language usage of grammar, spelling, punctuation and appropriate vocabulary for a variety of communications and documentation across the district. PPS on‐call translators work remotely and can accept or decline work according to their availability. We estimate a workload of 10 hrs. to 19 hrs. weekly. Must reside in the state of Oregon.
Classification of Levels:
PPS utilizes a tier approach as follows:
Level One (entry level) – One (1) year of translation experience plus fluency in the source language and the target language. Translator must be a native speaker of the target language or the language they would be translating
Level Two – Three (3) years of experience translating complex business or educational materials and communications and a Bachelor’s degree in English, target language, education, or specialty area of translation.
Preferred: American Translators Association (ATA) certification in target language, sworn or governmentapproved translator in language pairs from country where target language is the primary language, or a native
speaker of the target language or the language they would be translating into.
Level Three – Five (5) years of experience translating complex business or educational materials and communications.
Master’s degree in English, target language, education, or specialty area of translation.
ATA certification or American Literary Translation Association (ALTA) certification, or Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) credential through the US Federal government.
- Translate a wide variety of documents and other district materials from one language to another with speed and accuracy.
- Assisting with district specialized translation assignments on an as needed basis, including but not limited to transcreation of educational, marketing, communications’ campaigns and other materials.
- Support the district with urgent and emergency messaging, etc.
- Collaborate with the Language Access Services manager to continue developing and improving PPS’s translated glossaries.
- Proofread and edit translations made by others for accuracy, context, readability, grammar and style.
- Provide quality translation services with speed, accuracy and correct language usage of grammar, spelling, punctuation and appropriate vocabulary for a variety of communications & documentation across the district.
- Provide language services access district‐wide during Teacher/parent conferences.
1. Fluent in reading and writing in English and the TARGET language.
2. Knowledge and/or experience with the culture(s) associated with the TARGET languages.
3. Knowledge of basic terminology related to a public K‐12 educational system (math, science, curriculum
development, special education, etc.).
4. Experience working on transcreation assignments.
5. At least one year of paid translation experience
6. Bachelor’s degree – preferred
7. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. DTP experience a plus.
Specific Skills, Knowledge, Ability‐based Competencies:
- Mastery of required source language to targeted second language to that of native speaker
- Correct language usage of grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Accurate translation of written documents with the ability to localize as requested
- Usage of pertinent software applications; and preparation and maintenance of accurate records, includingkeeping track of worked hours and monthly invoice preparation
- Understanding of cultural references including colloquialisms, slang and other expressions that do nottranslate literally
- Ability to recognize sensitive cultural differences and explain certain cultural concepts to avoidmiscommunication.
- Adhere to PPS Language Access Services rules of confidentiality
- Establishing effective working relationships
- Working independently under time constraints
- Ability to process information quickly and concisely. Exceptional attention to detail.
Level One; Pay Grade 15: $25.15 ‐ $30.04 per hour
Level Two; Pay Grade 23: $30.65 ‐ $36.60 per hour
Level Three; Pay Grade 29: $35.55 ‐ $42.44 per hour
All PPS job offers are contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check, including fingerprinting
and criminal records ($94.50 fee).
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website at: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158 and select Job# 20487
CLOSING DATE: This job is open until filled. Applications will be reviewed as received. Portland Public Schools
reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any point during the posting period.
The District is focused on eliminating systemic racism and its impact on student learning.
PPS is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all its educational and employment activities. The District prohibits discrimination based on race; national or ethnic origin; color; sex; religion;
age; sexual orientation; gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; familial status; economic status or source of income; mental or physical disability or perceived disability or perceived disability; or
military service. Portland Public Schools is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
PORTLAND PUBLIC SCHOOLS, PORTLAND OREGON
TRANSLATION AND INTERPRETATION SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (SPANISH)
POSTING TIMELINE: September 6, 2019 – October 5, 2019 BASIC FUNCTION
Under general supervision, provide oral and written translation services for students and families, school sites and District departments in both the home language and English; serve as an interpreter for a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences and special events.
We are hiring someone who is fluent in English and Spanish. This position will be housed at Rigler K5 School.
Provide written translation of correspondence, forms, district communications and other instructional and education materials into specified second languages.
Provide interpretation and translation services for a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences and special events for District personnel, parents and students; produce idiomatic written translations considering the type of material and reader viewpoints; determine most accurate meanings and make corrections as needed.
Proofread translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure accuracy and consistency throughout translation revisions.
Proofread and edit translations for accuracy, context, readability and style; review, proofread and edit the translations of others as requested.
Maintain records and prepare reports related to the work.
Provide simultaneous or consecutive interpretation services into specified languages, maintaining message content context and style in district meeting such as Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) meetings, parent conferences, and other student centered activities and meetings; assist communication and support to in-district departments.
Provide interpretation and translation services to schools to facilitate school-to-home communications between families and schools, including contacting parents and caregivers by telephone and responding to specified language dedicated telephone lines.
Translate messages for the Auto Dialer and Rapid Broadcast from English into specified languages; record the message and send to families using established protocols.
Provide voice-over narrations and recorded communications in a designated second language for District audio or video recordings.
Assist schools with intake and registration of new students who require assistance in a specified language, as needed; serve as interpreter to explain residency and enrollment requirements, district
transfer policy, free and reduced lunch application, school transcripts, immunization and other school record information and requirements.
Assist school personnel by providing interpretation and translation services during home visits.
Perform interpretation and translation functions for schools regarding district policies, federal and State regulations, health related regulations, and student discipline guidelines.
Perform related duties as assigned. EDUCATION AND TRAINING
An Associate of Arts degree or 48 semester/72 quarter college credits. Demonstrated proficiency in written and spoken English, Spanish and Acateco. EXPERIENCE
A minimum of two (2) years of experience performing professional-level oral and written interpretation and translation services in English, Spanish and Acateco.
Any other combination of training and experience which demonstrates the candidate is likely to possess the skill, knowledge, ability and trait characteristics essential for this classification may be considered.
Portland Public Schools (PPS) offers several competitive and comprehensive benefit packages to employees. Fringe benefits include medical, dental, vision, prescription, life and disability insurance, employee assistance program, 403(b) retirement savings plan and various leave and professional development programs. Depending on the insurance option selected by the employee, there may be an employee contribution toward insurance.
Portland Public Schools is a public employer and participates in the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP). Eligible employees are required by statute to contribute 6% of salary on a pre-tax basis to OPSRP/IAP, after serving six months under a PERS employer.
For more information please visit our Benefits site at http://www.pps.net/Page/1635 SALARY: $17.63 – $21.33 per hour based on education and experience
WORK YEAR: 192 days
FTE: 1.0; 40 hours per week
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit our website at: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158 Select Job# 20116
The District is focused on eliminating systemic racism and its impact on student learning. PPS is committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all its educational and employment activities. The District prohibits discrimination based on race; national or ethnic origin; color; sex; religion; age; sexual orientation; gender expression or identity; pregnancy; marital status; familial status; economic status or source of income; mental or physical disability or perceived disability or perceived disability; or military service. Portland Public Schools is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Title: Spanish (US) Website Testers needed
For more than 25 years, TransPerfect has provided comprehensive language and technology solutions to help our clients communicate and conduct business more effectively in a global marketplace. Equipped with a quality management system certified to both the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 17100:2015 standards, TransPerfect provides a full array of language and business support services, including translation, interpretation, multicultural marketing, website globalization, subtitling, voiceovers, staffing services, e-learning and training, and legal support services. TransPerfect also offers a suite of next-generation technologies that significantly reduce costs and improve consistency throughout the translation process, making TransPerfect the vendor of choice for the world’s leading multinationals.
With annual revenues of over $615 million, TransPerfect is the world’s largest provider of language services and technology solutions. From offices in more than 90 cities on six continents, TransPerfect offers a full range of services in 170+ languages to clients worldwide. With an unparalleled commitment to quality and client service, TransPerfect is fully ISO 9001 and ISO 17100 certified. TransPerfect has global headquarters in New York, with regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong
TransPerfect is looking for qualified Spanish (US) linguists interested in long term freelance collaboration and willing to join our network of TLC certified linguists.
- Be a native speaker of the Spanish (US)
- Previous experience with Website Testing is preferable but not mandatory. Training will be provided on the use of specific reporting tools
- Hold a recognized graduate qualification in translation from an institution of higher learning;
- 2 years of translation experience and college degree;
- 5 year experience and no degree;
- A certificate of competence in translation awarded by an appropriate government body.
- Produce documented proof of educational background
- Document practical/translation experience in his/her area of expertise
Interested please fill out our online application: https://gateway.transperfect.com/home and add “Diana Ibrahim” as Internal Contact
Please note: Confidentially agreements need to be signed.
Languages: English to Spanish
Language variant: US
TransPerfect is currently looking for qualified freelance linguists with financial expertise interested in long term collaboration and willing to join our team of excellent quality assessors.
Quality Services & Reporting (QSR) is a new TransPerfect service offering independent and customizable quality assurance solutions for localization clients. Our subject matter experts provide unbiased linguistic reviews, cultural and marketing consultation. We are currently looking for linguists interested in joining our team of Financial. The main goal of the role is to support our clients in achieving the best possible results on their local markets and working with translation teams to facilitate knowledge sharing and ensure continuous improvement.
- Linguistic reviews combined with market relevance assessment
- Language asset management (actively participating in creating and updating style guides and glossaries)
- Support and mentoring for translators (via feedback)
Essential skills and experience required:
- Native speaker located in the target country
- Previous experience in reviews, revisions or editing tasks, including writing feedback reports
- Previous linguistic experience
- Specialization in Financial, Accounting
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
- US Based Resources
Language experts with relevant qualifications are invited to send their CV and a description of their experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure you include the following information in your email:
- Years of experience
- Fields of expertise
- Clients and projects
- Rate in USD per hour
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Portland Public Schools: Translation and interpretation Services Representative (Spanish)
Closes on October 14, 2018
Click on the following link to read the entire job description: Translation and Interpretation Services Representative (Spanish) Posting
TO APPLY, please visit the PPS website at: Translation & Interpretation Services Representative (Spanish) – 1.0 FTE
Portland Public Schools: Translation and interpretation Services Representative (Chinese)
Closes on August 27, 2018
Click on the following link to read the entire job description: Translation and Interpretation Services Representative (Chinese) Posting
TO APPLY, please visit the PPS website at: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158
PTIGlobal: German Localization QA Tester
Posted on August 1, 2018
Closes on: unknown
Click on the following link to read the entire job description and how to apply: German Localization QA Tester
Akorbi: 2-3 Qualified and Tested Japanese Interpreters/Translators for Panasonic in Reno, Nevada
Job Description: Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Interpret between Japanese expats and local staff.
- Provide interpretation for various meetings as well as telephone conferences.
- Translate technical and non-technical documents including policies, instructions and manuals when necessary.
- Compose and translate emails, reports etc.
- Assist Japanese visitors and expats with their daily needs.
- Required to translate both Japanese to English and English to Japanese.
- Other duties may assign by management.
- Written and verbal fluency in Japanese and English, excellent communication and writing skills.
- Japanese/ English business language skills
- Translator / interpreter experience in a business/ technical environment, manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to translate quickly and accurately
- Working at construction trailer until building construction complete
- Meeting or some admin task at construction area depends on tasks
Employees – W-2 – Payroll Tax, Workers Compensation, Paid Family Leave and Disability applies to all W2 employees
Pay-rate: $25 per hour day shift 7AM – 7PM and $27 per hour for the night shift 7PM – 7AM (employees will be reviewed at 90 days with a potential to increase compensation by $1 per hour on both shifts)
OT paid at 1.5 hours base hourly rate in accordance with labor laws
40 plus hours per week; shifts are 8-12 hours per day/5 days a week and can be scheduled in morning, mid or graveyard
Medical, Dental, Vision after 90 Days
Bi-Weekly Direct Deposit
Dependent Care Account after 90 days
Complimentary Shuttle from Downtown Reno
Projected Start Date: No later than August 31st 2018
*No relocation or initial transportation expense reimbursement
To learn more about us please visit our website at: www.akorbi.com
Please contact Rogelio Pineda if you are qualified and interested
Recruiter at Akorbi
t: 214-396-8236| e: email@example.com