Occasionally, we become aware of jobs that OSTI members might be interested in. These announcements are not an endorsement, but simply a service to OSTI members and stakeholders in the interpreting community.
Registration page for interpreters to submit their credentials to the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries (Workmans Comp). Interpreters become listed, are then hired directly by providers, and bill the Department of Labor and Industries directly.
With expiration dates:
Portland Public Schools: Translation and interpretation Services Representative (Chinese)
Closes on August 27, 2018
Click on the following link to read the entire job description: Translation and Interpretation Services Representative (Chinese) Posting
TO APPLY, please visit the PPS website at: http://www.pps.net/Page/2158
PTIGlobal: German Localization QA Tester
Posted on August 1, 2018
Closes on: unknown
Click on the following link to read the entire job description and how to apply: German Localization QA Tester
Akorbi: 2-3 Qualified and Tested Japanese Interpreters/Translators for Panasonic in Reno, Nevada
Job Description: Panasonic Energy of North America (PENA) is collaborating with Tesla Motors, Inc. in a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Gigafactory near Reno, Nevada which is known for its quality of life and expansive outdoor adventures. Panasonic manufactures and supplies cylindrical lithium-ion cells for the world’s leading electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla Motors, Inc. Based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Gigafactory plans to produce cells which will double the world’s current production.
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, highest-quality, and lowest-cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power.
- Interpret between Japanese expats and local staff.
- Provide interpretation for various meetings as well as telephone conferences.
- Translate technical and non-technical documents including policies, instructions and manuals when necessary.
- Compose and translate emails, reports etc.
- Assist Japanese visitors and expats with their daily needs.
- Required to translate both Japanese to English and English to Japanese.
- Other duties may assign by management.
- Written and verbal fluency in Japanese and English, excellent communication and writing skills.
- Japanese/ English business language skills
- Translator / interpreter experience in a business/ technical environment, manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to translate quickly and accurately
- Working at construction trailer until building construction complete
- Meeting or some admin task at construction area depends on tasks
Employees – W-2 – Payroll Tax, Workers Compensation, Paid Family Leave and Disability applies to all W2 employees
Pay-rate: $25 per hour day shift 7AM – 7PM and $27 per hour for the night shift 7PM – 7AM (employees will be reviewed at 90 days with a potential to increase compensation by $1 per hour on both shifts)
OT paid at 1.5 hours base hourly rate in accordance with labor laws
40 plus hours per week; shifts are 8-12 hours per day/5 days a week and can be scheduled in morning, mid or graveyard
Medical, Dental, Vision after 90 Days
Bi-Weekly Direct Deposit
Dependent Care Account after 90 days
Complimentary Shuttle from Downtown Reno
Projected Start Date: No later than August 31st 2018
*No relocation or initial transportation expense reimbursement
To learn more about us please visit our website at: www.akorbi.com
Please contact Rogelio Pineda if you are qualified and interested
Recruiter at Akorbi
t: 214-396-8236| e: firstname.lastname@example.org