The Oregon Society of Translators and Interpreters (OSTI) is a network of experienced professional interpreters and translators who are highly trained and qualified in different areas.
Many of our interpreters are certified and/or credentialed in the medical or legal fields, having undergone the necessary background checks and rigorous testing required in the specific discipline.
Our translators offer a variety of services, including: medical, legal, business and other disciplines. Many of our translators are certified by the American Translators Association and/or hold master’s, doctoral, and/or law degrees.
Some working languages represented: Spanish, French, American Sign Language, German, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese.
Some counties represented: Wasco, Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, Deschutes, Marion, Douglas, Jackson, Linn and even Seattle, Washington!
- To help members stay connected
- To include a broad field of professionals: translators, medical interpreters and court interpreters
- To provide training that benefits all language access people
- To help introduce members to direct clients.
- To promote interaction with all stakeholders, in order to promote a better understanding of the profession at all levels.
Benefits of membership:
- Listing on the website
- Discounted rate at OSTI sponsored educational events
- Participation in member listserv
Cost of membership: $55/calendar year or $50/ full year for periods of at least two years, payable to OSTI.
OSTI Membership application: Click the “Join OSTI!” button.
OSTI Bylaws Approved Jan 9, 2014
Bylaws Schedule A signed Dec 27, 2013
OSTI Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility Jan 9, 2014