The Oregon Society of Translators and Interpreters (OSTI) is a network of experienced professional interpreters and translators who are highly trained and qualified in different areas.
Many of our interpreters are certified and/or credentialed in the medical or legal fields, having undergone the necessary background checks and rigorous testing required in the specific discipline.
Our translators offer a variety of services, including: medical, legal, business and other disciplines. Many of our translators are certified by the American Translators Association and/or hold master’s, doctoral, and/or law degrees.
Some working languages represented: Spanish, French, American Sign Language, German, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Vietnamese and Japanese.
Some counties represented: Wasco, Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington, Deschutes, Marion, Douglas, Jackson, Linn and even Seattle, Washington!
- To help members stay connected
- To include a broad field of professionals: translators, medical interpreters and court interpreters
- To provide training that benefits all language access people
- To help introduce members to direct clients.
- To promote interaction with all stakeholders, in order to promote a better understanding of the profession at all levels.
- Listing on the website
- Discounted rate at OSTI sponsored educational events
- Participation in member listserv
Benefits of membership:
Cost of membership: $55/calendar year or $50/ full year for periods of at least two years, payable to OSTI.
OSTI Membership application: Click the “Join OSTI!” button.
OSTI Bylaws Approved Jan 9, 2014
Bylaws Schedule A signed Dec 27, 2013
OSTI Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility Jan 9, 2014
The membership team is always available to answer your questions. Please complete the following form if you have questions for them.